PLANO – The Sarah Cannon Cancer Hospital at Medical City Plano is among 60 hospitals and health systems recognized in the Becker’s Hospital Review 2023 list of top oncology programs in the nation.
The 2023 list highlights nationally recognized cancer care providers at the leading edge of novel treatment, therapies and research to improve patient outcomes and access to care. The Sarah Cannon Cancer Hospital at Medical City Plano is one of two in North Texas that made the prestigious list.
“This accolade further endorses the expertise of our Sarah Cannon Cancer Hospital at Medical City Plano as a comprehensive provider of leading-edge therapies from world-class oncology experts,” says Jyric Sims, PhD, FACHE, CEO of Medical City Plano. “We are extremely proud to receive this recognition as a top hospital in the nation for oncology care.”
Defining Oncology Care Excellence at Medical City Plano:
- 84 physician specialists, including 38 surgeons across various specialties (surgical oncology, thoracic, breast, neurological, orthopedic, head and neck, colorectal, etc.), three reconstruction surgeons, seven pathologists, 19 medical oncologists, two radiation oncologists, advanced endoscopists, gynecologic oncologists and interventional pulmonologist
- 53 dedicated oncology nurses (28 chemotherapy-certified), 3 oncology advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) and 7 oncology nurse navigators
- Solis Mammography at Medical City Plano for breast health and imaging excellence
- Texas’ only Sarah Cannon Cancer Hospital meeting rigorous quality standards and capabilities for dedicated cancer programs
- Advanced treatment options for complex cancers, from complex GI and lung to women’s breast and gynecologic cancers, sarcoma and neurological and blood cancers
- The hospital is a designated robotic surgery “epicenter” for excellence in robotics surgery and the market leader in oncology care in Collin County, treating more than 3,500 patients since its opening
- The community’s first comprehensive lung cancer program
- Accreditation and recognition as a Commission on Cancer Comprehensive Community-Accredited Program; Sarah Cannon Complex GI Center of Excellence – first in HCA Healthcare; Breast Center of Excellence, designated by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers; and recognition for Pancreatic Cancer Care by the National Pancreas Foundation.
Learn more about comprehensive treatment options provided at the Sarah Cannon Cancer Hospital at Medical City Plano here.
ABOUT MEDICAL CITY PLANO
Medical City Plano is a 603-bed, acute-care hospital located in Plano, Texas. With a medical team of more than 1,800 physicians, many of whom are top experts in their fields, Medical City Plano offers nearly 70 specialties and is the largest hospital in Collin County. A Level I Trauma Center with a Burn and Reconstructive Center, Medical City Plano is also Collin County’s first Chest Pain Accredited hospital, has a Comprehensive (Level I) Stroke Center, a Level III neonatal ICU (NICU) and Texas’ only Sarah Cannon Cancer Hospital. Voted “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County by DFW Child readers, Medical City Plano is “A” rated for safety by the Leapfrog Group, Magnet® recognized for nursing excellence and the Sarah Cannon Cancer Hospital at Medical City Plano is Gold LEED certified for environmental sustainability.
Medical City Plano is part of Medical City Healthcare.
Follow us on Facebook Twitter Instagram