NOTE--Event Canceled due to predicted inclement weather & speaker's commute from San Antonio area. She is Mom to 10 children--we have chosen not to put her at risk should weather be nasty. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Next in our on-going series of public policy discussions:
Plus It is Veterans Day
Honor Our Vets!
If Frisco drivers – and Texas in general – oppose toll roads….
- Why do we keep getting more toll roads
- Why do toll existing roads keep rising?
Join us in welcoming our VERY SPECIAL guest, TERRI HALL, President of TURF. Terri is the highly regarded grassroots activist on the subject of toll roads, general transportation and property rights. Terri is a recognized authority that frequently provides expert witness testimony at the State and National level.
TURF (Texans Uniting for Reform and Freedom) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate the public on our government’s controversial policies including:
To get an advance flavor of TURF’s work, check out their web site HERE and especially their report card on the 86th Legislature HERE or paste the below link into your browser. https://www.texasturf.org/images/pdf/2019-Session-Reportcard.pdf
- Shifting to tolling using controversial financing methods
- Use of Public-private partnerships (called Comprehensive Development Agreements or CDAs)
- Tolling of existing corridors
- Eminent domain abuse inherent in these plans (confiscating private land to give to a private company for commercial gain).
When: Monday, November 11th
Social - 6:30 - 7:00
Meeting: 7:00 - 8:30
Location: Collin College Preston Ridge Campus
Building J, Room #J113 ( Campus MAP ) Note new room #
9700 Wade Blvd, Frisco, TX ( Area MAP )