Medicare fraud affects everyone. You can team up with Medicare to help.
Our Senior Medicare Patrol volunteers are teaching people like you how to spot, report, and stop fraud, and protect themselves from identity theft.
Here are some things you can do:
- Guard your Medicare and Social Security numbers. Treat them like you would treat your credit cards.
- Hang up the phone if someone calls and asks for your Medicare number, Social Security number, or bank or credit card information. We will NEVER call and ask for this information, and we will NEVER call you or come to your home uninvited to sell Medicare products.
- Be suspicious of anyone who offers you free medical equipment or services and then requests your Medicare number. It’s illegal, and it’s not worth it!
- Do not let anyone borrow or pay you to use your Medicare ID card or your identity.
- Check your Medicare claims for errors. Look at your Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) or statements from your Medicare plan. You can also check www.MyMedicare.gov or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) as soon as your claims have been processed. The sooner you see and report errors, the sooner we can stop fraud. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE to report any suspected fraud.
Learn more about spotting and reporting fraud, and get tips on protecting yourself from identity theft.
Find out about Senior Medicare Patrol activities in your area.
Independent Broker with your best interests in mind. I work for you and not one specific insurance carrier. I will find a plan that best suits your needs both medically and financially so you can make an informed decision. Contact me TODAY! I CAN help!
The Cruson Insurance Agency is your single source for all of your insurance needs. Whether you're looking for health coverage, Medicare plans, life insurance, final expense plans, temporary health coverage for new employees or in between jobs, vision, dental, hearing and even pet insurance; we can help you find the coverage that best suits your needs.