Career Care is a free, weekly support/coaching group helping those who are out of work or “mis-employed” and seeking a career change. The group is open to the community at no cost. Established in 2001, Career Care is one of the longest serving groups in DFW and has helped thousands in their career transitions.
Career Care provides comprehensive support:
- Job postings
- Networking to build job leads/contacts, including LinkedIn group
- Speakers teaching search skills (resumé, interviewing, etc.)
- Free, volunteer coaches to assist one-on-one with resumés, etc.
- Career assessment testing
- Private budget/debt counseling at no charge
No pre-registration is necessary to attend. Park off 1401 Mira Vista Blvd. in our East parking lot, enter the East Patio doors to Room 131.
First-time visitors should come at 5:45 p.m. to register and attend the new member orientation “Quick Start Your Search” in Room 133 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. There, our volunteers will cover how to handle your search successfully, provide a resume template, and register you for job postings. Then, at 7:00 p.m., you will join the main meeting.
Employers or volunteers: please email Bill Brewer to send job postings to reach qualified candidates at no charge, or to inquire about volunteer opportunities.